By Marlena De Lacroix a.k.a. Connie Passalacqua Hayman
The new year starts Wednesday, and I have many questions about what’s going to happen on our favorite shows next year. See if you might speculate on the answers, or pose some questions of your own:
1. How is The Young and the Restless going to fill the terrible holes left by the departures of super talented Billy Miller (Billy) and Michael Muhney (Adam)? Surely both roles will be recast.
2. How are General Hospital ’s Patrick and Robin going to react to Sabrina being pregnant with Patrick’s child? Quite the sticky situation.
3. When will The Bold and the Beautiful’s Quinn and Donna have the down and dirty catfight they have been leading up to for months? Both seem to want Eric’s love enough to draw blood to get it.
4. On Y&R, will Jill ever find out the significance of the music box Katherine left her?
5. On GH, will A.J. ever find out that he’s clear of Connie’s murder? And did Ava really do it?
6. On B&B, will Thorsten Kaye be able to sustain the tremendous acting success he’s already scored on his first few weeks of B&B? My guess, no surprise, is a resounding “Yes!”
7. Will Spinelli ever come back to GH? Maybe he could return from Portlandia flush with New Age inspiration and open a boutique coffee bar/microbrewery to compete with Kelly’s?
8. On Y&R, will Dylan ever accept Nikki as his mother? How long will it be until Nikki conquers her biological son’s heart?
9. On B&B, wouldn’t it be neat if Hope rejected both Liam and Wyatt and found herself a new love this year?
10. Sadly, in 2013 we witnessed the faltering of soap opera’s first great digital experiment. All My Children and One Life to Live are gone again, at least for now. Will 2014 bring us any new soaps? As ever; we won’t give up hope.
Moose, Nigel and I join together in wishing you a Happy New Year!